Friday, July 12, 2013

Letters to Eloise - 1 Month to 2 (February)

 
Eloise your first to second month of life, was so much fun. I love that your daddy works so hard for us that I can stay home with you everyday. This second month of your life was much easier than the first.  You started to learn how to sleep for long stretches at night.  You were consistently sleeping about 7 hours straight and it was a Godsend. You only sleep with white noise.  Daddy and I both downloaded apps on our phone with white noise, and whenever you get fussy, we would turn that on, and it would instantly soothe you, and calm you down.  So every night we have that running so you can sleep really good. 

We both still had thrush so that wasn't a lot of fun.  I had to clean absolutely everything that your mouth had touched in boiling water so we could stop spreading it back and forth.  I got rid of it for that whole second month, but you could not get rid of it.  I put that medicine in your mouth after every feeding. 

I had my postpartum checkup during this month  and I had already lost all of my pregnancy weight plus some.  I was very grateful for that.  Luckily I didn't gain a ton of weight during the pregnancy though cause I was so sick, so I didn't have a lot to lose.  I know I said it was easy to lose the weight, but really it was a lot of work.  I lost that weight from breastfeeding you, and for some people breastfeeding comes very easy, but it did not for me.  It was hard, and you wanted to eat every 2 hours on the dot, so I felt like all I did was nurse.  Plus I wanted to start building up my milk supply so I could have some stored away so I would feed you, then when I would switch sides I would pump the side you just finished for 15 minutes, then would pump the other side after you finished.  It was sooo much work! But I increased my supply greatly, and had plenty of milk to feed you.  

You went on your first plane ride during this month.  We got to fly to Vegas to go see Grandma and Grandpa Gorham, and your Uncles.  You did so good on the flight.  I nursed you as soon as we got on the plane, and you slept the rest of the way.  We had so much fun visiting my family.  They just loved you so much.  It took you a couple days to get used to sleeping there, but you finally figured it out.  I had to let you cry it out a few of the nights, but you finally adjusted and were back to sleeping your 7 hours.  You were still so little and you still cried a lot so that took your uncles some getting used to.  They didn't mind though, cause you were just so cute.  Grandma took us shopping for some cute clothes for you.  We got to show you off to the people in my parents ward.  My friend Melissa Dunsmoor threw us a baby shower, where you got to meet some of my friends in my old ward.  You got spoiled with lots of cute new clothes.  We were there for a week, and had to go back home.  And you did great on the flight back.  You slept the whole time, and you were so excited to see daddy again.  

We went on a family Valentine's Day date to the Cheesecake Factory.  It was delicious.  You got super fussy and were hungry and that was the first time I nursed you in public.  It was a little awkward, but thank goodness for nursing covers.  You didn't mind.  You just wanted to eat. 

The rest of the month was spent just hanging out with your mom and dad.  We sure love to give you kisses and sing you silly songs.  We make up a lot of songs and you seem to enjoy them.  You started smiling a lot more this month.  Your smile just melts our hearts.  You are seriously the cutest little thing and we love you so much. 

Pictures from your first to second month








No comments:

Post a Comment