Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Letters to Eloise - 3 Months to 4 (April)

Eloise, month three was by far the busiest month we had had yet.  In fact, so much went on that month that I have dreaded writing this post, and it is now almost 9 months later that I am writing your third month of life, so I hope I can remember everything we did.  

You turned three months on March 28, 2013.  I took your 3 month photos, and a couple days later we went with your dad to Lake Elizabeth and snapped a few pictures as a family.  They were our first real family pics. March 31 you had your very first Easter! You got a new dress, a new book/toy, and some clothes!! Holidays get a lot funner when you have a kid to spoil.  You got to experience your first General Conference.  You mostly napped on us while we watched/napped.  Trying to be awake during General Conference with a little infant is much much harder. 

On April 11, we flew to Vegas.  We had a crazy busy weekend.  We hung out with mommy's family on Friday, and then on Saturday we got to go to Shanalei's wedding.  You got to meet a lot of mommy's friends from high school.  On Sunday, it was your day.  You got blessed by your daddy on April 14, 2013.  It was such a special day.  Your dad's family came up from Arizona to be there, some of your mom's cousins, and aunt and uncle came, and also our good friend Tiffany Winder came with her girls (your friends) Lucy, and Ruby.  Your dad gave you a great blessing.  I got up and bore my testimony that day also.  I don't do that very often since I get so scared being in front of a crowd, but I wanted everyone to know how special you are to me.  You have changed everything about me.  I could truly now feel the way Heavenly Father feels about each of us.  We are all so special to Him, and he allows us to feel some of that by giving us children.  I want you to know Eloise, that I have a testimony that our Father in Heaven lives.  He is there for you whenever you need Him.  He will listen to your prayers, and he will guide you through your trials.  I'm so happy that I can now understand some of Heavenly Father's love, by watching you learn and grow.  My love for you grows by leaps and bounds everyday.  You are my everything, and I hope you always remember that.  After the blessing, we headed back to the Gorham's house to eat some yummy food.  We flew back to California the next day.  

On April 20, we took you up to the city for the first time, but little did we know that it was not a good day to be up in the city.  We met up with our friends the Evan's and their little boy Andrew and had lunch together.  We were going to go to Golden Gate Park after that, but there was a lot of people everywhere we went.  It was a day known as 4/20, and a lot of people that we don't agree with go to the park, and do some bad stuff.  So we left quickly after realizing it, and headed back to our house and chatted and hung out with the Evans.  It was a lot of fun talking and catching up with some of our friends from Utah.  You had a lot of fun playing with Andrew.  

On April 24, we started our drive to Utah for your Aunt Ashleigh's graduation.  We were really dreading this drive cause it is a 12 hour drive, and we had never been in a car that long with you.  But of course you were an angel as usual.  We drove the first 4 hours that night, and stopped in Reno.  We stayed at a pretty yucky hotel, than left the next morning to drive the rest of the way.  This day was also your dad and mine's 4 year anniversary.  We got to spend it driving in a car.  We got all the way to Draper, UT and realized you had pooped, and it was everywhere.  We had to pull over to the side of the road undress you and your dad held you while I wiped you down with wet wipes.  It was disgusting. We made it to Provo and had dinner at Slab with your dad's family.  We headed up to West Jordan and stayed with the Zobrists. The next morning we went to Ashleigh's graduation from BYU.  We walked around BYU, then headed to Tucano's up in Salt Lake.  We celebrated our anniversay, and Ash's graduation.  It was delicious as usual.  That night we drove down to St. George to be at my cousin Aubrey's wedding.  

April 27, my cousin Aubrey got married to Logan Smith.  Daddy and I went to their sealing in the St. George Temple, while your uncles watched you.  It was a beautiful ceremony, and it was so fun being in there with all of our family.  This is was the first time I had ever left you though.  I was a little worried, but I knew you were in good hands.  After the sealing, we headed to the reception.  I got to take pictures of the reception for Aubs.  They had it set up so beautiful.  You hung out with Grandma most of the time, and got passed around all of the cousins.  They all LOVED you.  We headed back to Vegas that night and stayed there one more day than headed back to California.  It was a whirlwind trip, but we made it through. You are pretty much an expert traveler by 3 months old.  

Some memorable things that happened this month was you started laughing.  It was the cutest thing ever!! You laughed when I sneezed.  I would sneeze and it would scare you and you would start laughing.  So than daddy and I would pretend to scare you and you would jump and start laughing, and it never got old.  You also started rolling from your back to your front.  Now you could roll both ways!












No comments:

Post a Comment