Monday, October 8, 2012

Trip to Ohio!

Adam only had 2 days at work before he had to fly to LA then Cleveland for training. So before he took off he dropped me off at the airport and I headed out to Dayton to visit the Drowns. This was my first time flying by myself, so I was definitely a little nervous. But the flights there went pretty smoothly. I had a little delay on my flight from Chicago to Dayton, but it wasn't too bad. I was welcomed by Brittany, Maeli, and Blaze. I was so excited to see them. Maeli was a little scared at first but then I think she finally recognized me and gave me a big hug. We stopped and grabbed some food on the way to the Drown's home, and then Brittany and I got to catch up on everything that had been going on since we had last seen each other.

 The sign that welcomed me once we got to the Drown's house. 

Got to give some lovins to my 2 favorites



We went to Maggie Moo's while Adam was here the first weekend and they let Mae scoop up her own ice cream and add sprinkles.  She loved it. 
 

Also while Adam was here we sat out back looking at firefly's while Mae had fun blowing bubbles.  We were also video chatting with Clay so it was almost like we were all together again. 
 
 

We went to a park and had fun playing with the kids and enjoying a picnic.


 Maeli loved chasing the ducks.



We visited a museum in Cincinnati.  It was awesome.  And the kids loved it.  There was 3 museums in 1.  There was one especially designed for kids with all kinds of interactive stuff.  They also had a huge treehouse/playground that was fun but there were so many older kids playing in it that Mae had a hard time getting to do anything.  So we went to the play area for kids ages 4 and under I think.  







 Then we went to one of the other museums that was mostly on the history of Cincinnati. It had all kinds of stuff about people who had served in the wars, and they had a huge miniature replica of the entire city. It was awesome. 







Cincinnati's city line.
 One of the other days we went to an Amish village.  What an adventure that was.  It was so interesting getting to see how they lived, and of course eating their delicious home made goods. :)

Maeli decided to go play on one of the play grounds built by the Amish.  She went on that green slide there and landed in a huge puddle at the bottom.  Her whole backside was soaked and she was so upset and crying and all I could do was laugh.  I know I am such a mean aunt. :)


 This was the first Amish store we went too.

We had to get a picture of this horse and buggy sign.

 Another Amish store

We got to see a real live horse and buggy.

Some of the Amish goodies that I got.

I made my first baby purchase while at the Amish village.  Couldn't pass up these cute moccasins

I gave Mae and Brittany a haircut while I was there.  Mae is showing hers off for me.  Look at how cute that smile is.  I sure love this little girl. 
 

 Clay flew in the last weekend we were there and we spent all of Saturday at a theme park called King's Island.  It was a ton of fun.  It was also Clay's birthday weekend so we had fun helping him celebrate.  Since I couldn't really ride most of the rides, I took the kids over to the little rides while Adam, Clay, and Brittany did some roller coasters.  Mae had a blast going on all of the rides, and it was so fun seeing her so excited. 

View from where we parked the car. 
 

Front of the park.  (Can't get this picture to turn right side up)

Riding the rides.
















Sunday I took some family pictures for the Drowns
 







 And of course I needed one with all of us together.  Our little family brought together again.


That night we celebrated Clay's birthday with some delicious steak dinners.  And yummy cake.  That night the boys had to fly back home.  My flight left the next day, so we just hung out the rest of the night and watched the Bachelorette season finale.  I had so much fun hanging out with Brittany and the kids for almost 2 weeks.  It was so good to catch up and see our best friends again.  I can't wait for more future reunions.  I left on Monday and after a terrible experience with delayed flights, missing my flight from Chicago to San Fran and having to wait an extra 2.5 hours for another one, I finally made it home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment