Tuesday, August 21, 2012

We're Pregnant!






Adam and I found out we were pregnant on April 21, 2012.  What an exciting day that was.  Of course I called my mom right after I told Adam to tell her the news.  It was hard for the first few weeks to really get excited since I had already had a miscarriage.  I didn't want to get my hopes up that this pregnancy was going to be different in case something bad happened again.  But those fears were quickly alleviated when the sickness came a week later.  I mean how can something be wrong when you feel like you are going to die everyday. haha. I don't want to go into details about how sick I was cause I want to have more kids and let me just say weeks 8-12 all I could think was I will never get pregnant again. There were so many days where I would just cry to Adam telling him he had no idea what it felt like to feel so sick every single day.  I don't know how I would have made it through those weeks without him though.  He waited on me, would come home early from work if I was having a really bad day, drive around with me for hours looking for places to eat that I may be able to stomach, letting me eat out every single night cause the smell or thought of cooking food made me sick, holding my hand while I complained and cried, and threw up, and slept, and the list goes on and on.  I married a good one, that is for sure.  Luckily I was able to get some medicine from the doctor that helped a ton.  I still have a few bad days a week, but I will take that over everyday. 

We are so grateful to be pregnant though.  We got to hear the heartbeat at 11 weeks and that was the best feeling ever.  To know that our baby was alive was just the reassurance I needed to keep going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment