Monday, June 18, 2012

My first 5k!

Adam and I signed up for a 5k back in early March, and we ran it the last Saturday of April. It was the first time I have ever ran in a race, and I somewhat trained for almost 2 months for it. I am not a runner and I really hate running. If you give me a ball or something else to do while running then I don't mind it as much, but just to go out and run to run is probably one of my least favorite things to do. So training to do this was kind of a killer, but once I accomplished it, it made it so worth it. I ran pretty much the entire thing (there was one uphill part that I briskly walked on), but it was such a fun race. I mean who doesn't love colored corn starch being thrown at you at 1kilometer intervals throughout the race. We ran it with our good friends the Altoms, which made it a lot more fun to see us all accomplish this.

Before



And After









No comments:

Post a Comment