Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Trip to Vegas and Mother's Day

May 9, Eloise and I went to Vegas to stay with my family.  Adam had to go to Ohio for a business training.  So of course I didn't want to stay by myself for over a week, so we went to hang with my family.  We had a lot of fun.  Eloise is at an age where she could be a lot more interactive, so it was fun seeing my brothers play with her.  We did a lot of shopping, spoiling little Eloise of course.  Well grandma did a lot of spoiling.  Even her Uncle Casey bought her a new outfit.  

We happened to be there during my first Mother's Day.  It was super sad to not have Adam there for my first real Mother's Day, but it was so nice to be able to spend it with my own mother.  Casey and I got her some beautiful bouquets of flowers from Costco, and Adam had sent one to me a few days before.  We had a delicious dinner, and for dessert Nathan made us warm melting chocolate cake and chocolate covered strawberries.  My two FAVORITES!!

We also went up to St. George to visit my grandparents for the day.  It was nice to see them, and to let Eloise be around them.  We enjoyed the beautiful weather and talking about the old days.  I love St. George.  Some day when  we are old and looking for a place to settle down, that is where I hope we will be.  I have so many wonderful memories there from all of the trips we took there as a child.  And I love love love the red rock.  It makes the city seem even more beautiful with all of the colors.  

Eloise and I headed back to California on May 21, and what an adventure that night turned out to be.  I am just going to copy and paste my Facebook post from it, cause it is a lot to write down. "What a night last night. I get to the airport to head back to Cali, and my brother helps me bring my suitcases in to get them checked.  I load up my first suitcase, it gets checked than I take Eloise out of her carseat so I can check the carseat and she has pooped everywhere.  All of her clothes were on the suitcase that just got checked, so of course I am freaking out. I head to the bathroom to clean her up and spend 10 min scrubbing out her pants and trying to decide which would make me seem to be a worse mother, having my daughter wear no pants or pants that are soaking wet.  So I went with the soaking wet.  I had forgotten my baby carrier so I am trying to hold a baby, a diaper bag, and pull a carry-on through security.  I finally get through security after they check every single bag of expressed milk I had (usually they only check the ones in the bottle) and I am heading down the escalator and my carry-on falls all the way down the escalator.  Now I am racing to my gate cause I am super late by this time.  Luckily the plane arrived a little late so I got onto my flight fine.  Then the night starts to get better.  Elle was an angel on the flight just like she usually is.  We get to San Fran and see my wonderful husband after being apart for two weeks.  We get to the car and load everything in and he gives me a bottle of ibuprofen and a bottle of ice cold water, and he says I figured you would have a headache after the stressful airport trip, and I could have cried. That man knows me so well. So glad I am back with him."

What a crazy night that turned out to be, but it ended well. 
















Adam got to spend two weekends with our best friends the Drowns while I was in Vegas, so I am going to post some pics of the stuff he did while he was there.








No comments:

Post a Comment