Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Time for Thanks

At the beginning of November I quit my job. It was one of the best feelings in the world. I hated it so much. It did not end on very good terms, but I had promised myself that I would never end it on good terms. I had worked there almost 2 years, and it was 2 years full of some of the worst experiences of my life. I would come home nearly everyday in a horrible mood from either cheapos who don't tip, nasty people who don't know what good hygiene means, a boss who thinks we are robot slaves, a boss who cares nothing except for money, and the list goes on and on. Let me just say that since I have quit, I have been a lot less stressed, I am in a much better mood, which is really good for Adam, we have ate out a lot less, and money is a little bit tighter, but honestly my sanity counts for a little more. So at this time I would just like to say thanks to my hubs for understanding and letting me take a break from work for a while.

While we are talking about giving thanks, Thanksgiving was at the end of November. It was my families turn this year, so we headed down to St. George the day before. The weather was wonderful, the sun was shining, and we were surrounded by lots of family. It doesn't get much better than that. We enjoyed lots of delicious food. I just don't understand how one family can have so many amazing cooks. We ate and ate, until we almost threw it all back up. We played basketball, went riding on the four wheelers, my uncle took us off roading in his new jeep, played pool, tried to take a nap, and enjoyed being together. Here are some pics from the festivities.









Off Roading in the Jeep

Riding the Tandem





Grandma and Grandpa

Almost the whole family. Missing a couple of families.

My mom and her siblings.





Playing some b-ball

Enjoying the delicious food













We didn't have enough room in the car so Casey and Nathan rode in the trunk

Black Friday this year started at 10:00 pm. So at around 9:00 pm we headed over to Walmart. It was a madhouse. The parking lot was pretty much completely full. We had to park pretty much at the very end. We get in and there is people everywhere. We came cause they always have great deals on movies. This is the only time of year we buy them, cause we are too cheap to pay regular prices. So I stood over by the movies while Adam went to find the video games we wanted. Walmart price matches so we found our Target ad (Adam had to drive all the way back home to get it) so we didn't have to go to Target and we could still get the deal on the video game. Adam stood back in line with my mom at the video games. Once 10:00 hit, it was nuts. People were everywhere trying to grab movies. I was just trying to avoid being stepped on. We made out pretty good though. We got Despicable Me for $9, the whole Planet Earth series for $10, Megamind for $5, Inception for $5, Sherlock Holmes for $5, The Killers for $2, and August Rush for $2. I called Adam to see if he had got our video game and he told me that Walmart won't do the deal til 12 am cause that is when Target's sale starts. So we had to sit around for 2 hours and wait to purchase our game. We walked around and saw that they had a HP printer/scanner/copier for $19. We had saw it in the ad and wanted it, but we didn't want to wait til midnight when it went on sale, but since we had to wait now we stood in line for it. Once midnight hit people were going crazy again. Adam got hit in the head by a guy who was going over top of people to grab a printer. Adam somehow grabbed two and made it out alive. We went to the video game department and pretty much waited over a hour to check out. We went home, and went to sleep, and then at 4am I headed to JC Penney to get a pair of boots that were on sale for $30 that were regularly $90. It was quite a deal. Black Friday this year was definitely unforgettable. People seriously turn psycho.

The rest of the holiday we just enjoyed being with family, playing games, watching movies, and relaxing. That is the best part of the holidays. Not having to worry about school or work, it is a nice relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment